Thursday, January 21, 2010

New Growth on the Manedilla



I have been amazed with this clipping. I took 7 or 8 clippings off of the most vigorous vine we had. All but this one died almost immediately. This one did nothing for several months. Then the roots started teasing me, and now there are shoots forming fast. I'm going to have to pot this thing up pretty soon, but a really enjoying looking at the roots. Beside the old milk bottle you see one of the layerings that i tried to start. One is alive but has not grown a bit. The other little thing died last week sometime.

This corner of the kitchen is also where the orchids live. The window faces East and get morning sun. By noontime the sun has moved and the light is bright but indirect light. They all seem very happy. I have had several to rebloom, and everyone says if you can get orchids to rebloom the spot is perfect. Bless their hearts - they get no attention.

1 comment:

  1. I have a couple of these and I am thinking about getting a light for them and the violets. I don't have the room for them but I can get creative. I would like to see them bloom again.

    ReplyDelete