Saturday, June 27, 2015

Driveway Border

 Here's what's blooming in the Driveway Border right now.

 "Turk's Cap" lily - about 5 feet tall - leaning gracefully.
 Echinops Ritro near the top of the driveway - I think it wants more sunlight.
Urns leading down into the driveway yard - White petunias, chartreuse sweet potato vine, vinca, and dracaena Spikey Plant.  
I have big plans for this yard. Sky pencil hollies have been planted to hide the AC units and the dogwood tree and large clump of aspidistra Cast Iron plant (to left behind wall) are to be replaced with a living wall of sky pencil holly. I have about 20 cuttings rooted, ready and waiting for cooler raining days this fall to get into the ground.




1 comment:

  1. Those urns look so great on your post. I thought of the joke about what a Grecian Urns and then I thought maybe you don't call you containers urns. That tiger lily is wonderful. Your photo shot my memories back to my grandma's place on the farm with her tiger lily blooming. It would stick up out of the iris bed and I always thought they looks so mysterious. It is now on my list to buy. I hope all is well with everyone and happy gardening.

    ReplyDelete